Female genital cosmetic surgery is a broad term that comprises numerous procedures, including labiaplasty, clitoral hood reduction, hymenoplasty, labia majora augmentation, vaginoplasty, G-spot amplification etc and contributes to individual sexual health and wellness. Sexual health-related issues are wide-ranging, and encompass sexual orientation, sexual expression, relationships, and pleasure. Patient interests and performance of cosmetic genital procedures have increased during the past decade. Individuals are now recognizing and understanding sexual function disorders as well as those with depression, anxiety, and other related conditions. In responding to a patient’s concern about the appearance of her external genitalia, the plastic surgeon reassures that the size, shape, and color of the external genitalia vary considerably from woman to woman. These variations are further modified by pubertal maturity, aging, changes resulting from childbirth, and menopause or hypoestrogenism, or both.
Potential Reasons for Increased Interest in Genital Cosmetic Surgery
- Shaving, waxing, and laser removal of pubic hair may allow a better view of the external genitalia for both women and their partners.
- Drawing more attention to asymmetries and differences in the external genitalia, potentially contributing to an increased desire for surgical alteration.
- Women who explore cosmetic surgery often turn to internet searches. This is particularly important because the internet may be their only source of information but that information also needs to be rectified with the expert consultation as everything showcased online may not be the reality.
Sexual health is a big part of life. It can affect and is affected by other aspects of health. This includes physical, mental, emotional, and social health. Being in good sexual health means you are well informed, careful, and respectful to yourself and others. Genital cosmetic surgery treats cosmetic and/or functional issues which enhances appearance, sexual satisfaction and reduce discomfort. Individuals should seek consultation before deciding for the procedure. Patient counseling, shared decision making, and informed consent are paramount. As for all procedures, plastic surgeon in delhi who perform genital cosmetic surgical procedures inform prospective patients about their experience, answers individuals apprehensions/fears and maintain the patient privacy.
Genital cosmetic procedures are available for both appearance enhancement purposes or medical issues related to sexual health like SUI (Stress Urinary incontinence), vaginal prolapse and looseness due to childbirth etc. Non surgical and surgical procedures both contribute to improve sexual health and ultimately leading to individual sexual wellness.
Some of the common procedures are
- Non surgical Vaginal rejuvenation
- Clitoral hood reduction
- Fourchette reconstruction/Perineoplasty
- Hymen repair/ Hymenoplasty/ Revirginisation
- Labia majora augmentation/reduction
- Maternity related aesthetic issues
How much does the procedure cost?
Treatment cost varies based on the type of procedure planned whether outpatient or inpatient and other factors like the presence of other medical conditions etc. We also offer short stay procedures to save costs. While cost is an important consideration from your perspective, it should not override clinical considerations, which is why a balanced approach is advisable.
Will my insurance plan cover it?
These procedures are generally considered cosmetic by insurance and hence don’t cover. Be sure to consult with your insurance company in advance.